Sunday, November 14, 2010

FC Barcelona versus VIllareal

I was fortunate enough to go to another FC Barcelona game last night with some of the students in my dorm. The 95,000 person stadium was completely sold out. I didn´t see an empty seat. The level of competition was beyond better this time than that of the previous game I attended. For 90 minutes the stadium rumbled with Spanish cheers. 

Both teams were fighting for second place in the league. Barcelona simply outplayed Villareal. They won every ball and distributed their possessions nicely. The 23 year old Messi scored twice...he is unreal. I would compare him to the Steve Nash of soccer because he is so smooth, has fantastic touch and sees the field better than anybody. 

Luckily, nobody tried to pickpocket me last night because I was not in the mood. My hands were parked in both pockets every second I was underground. It is truly such a shame to have to constantly be on alert. 

I´m currently reading a 350 page book for my Literature class called "El fin de la Guerra Fría" so I aplogize for such a short blog. 

My uncle jimmy is coming in two days. Can´t wait to tear it up with him

No comments:

Post a Comment