Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Trip up north

Just wanted to give yall an update on my life at this point. I'm leaving san sebastian on the way back to vitoria (ill write a blog entry).  I had the most delicious flounder caught off the northern coast of spain. it was big enough for the two of us. Zack and I had an incredible two days, as we have hung out with the kids I met this summer and have taken a short trip to another city for the day. The sun is setting in beautiful basque country. Fronm my window,  I look out onto the green, sheep-filled hinterland mountains. New york simply does not compare.

I know I have said thanks before for this trip and opportunity in my life. But, sometimes when you're listening to a little Bruce Springstein in a foreign country, tipsey off a little homemade house white wine,  do you realize how amazing of an experience this is.

Zack and I met this Spanish woman on the way here on the bus. We asked her to verify our diestination going to San Sebastian because our ticket read "Dostian"...evidently that means San Sebastian in Euskera (Basque).

 We wound up talking the rest of the ride about Spanish and American differences...we discussed university majors and studies, college sports, and other interesting topics. She offered to show us around the city from a local perspective and we definitely capitalized on that opportunity. When she left us, we took photos together... when I get home I'll  forward her a picture I took on my camera.

My friend Jon Pereda waits for us at the bus station in Vitoria. His sister, whom I met this summer, invited us to dinner with her husand and child at their house. Obvously, ill take a free meal when I can. Thank God I ate a fat Flounder because otherwise I don't think she would invite me over again.

Afterwards, we are going to meet up with the girls I also hung out with this summer and together we'll go to this discoteca "Cool." (The local hotspot)

...A little snippet of my life on this wonderful Saturday abroad. To repeat myself, thanks for everything yall have given me. I truly do appreciate ever moment.

Say hi to Lexi. I saw a beautiful standard poodle last night.

Love, Jeffrey

No comments:

Post a Comment